More Tweaks and Stabilization on Tarn Aeluin
I’m continuing to tweak and stabilize things here at the lake.
Tweak: What’s been done
- removed the HighSlide gallery tool and replaced it with Image Gallery Re-Loaded
- added in wp-jquery-lightbox for single image lightbox effects
- updated to PHP 5.3 (which was kinda scary). Considering 5.4, but there are lots of “issues”
- Updated WordPress SEO to 1.4.9 – which caused lots of issues yesterday
- Tweaked the code in the Busby theme to get its SEO crap to play nice with the main SEO engine.
- updated Jetpack ann applied the 3.5.2 WordPress release that just came out
- continued to add more CSS tweaks and touches as needed to get things working properly across browsers. This weekend I plan to look at the mobile design. I’ve done nothing with that yet.
Some thoughts on Tweaks
Phew – that’s a lot to tweak. When I updated WordPress for SEO yesterday I guess I was doing this a bit too casual. A reminder to myself and all that you shoudl always test a plugin update on a dev server. It was a simple thing to just change the folder name and get back into the blog system – which was rendered inoperable by this patch. Thanks also to the plugin team for being on top of it and responding quickly. A great testimony to open source and supporting your code.
That little tweak debacle inspired me to update my rev of PHP – which of course I also “just did it”…but at leat in this case I don’t have much control. My hosting company controls what rev’s I use. 5.3 seems to work Ok. 5.4 seems to have some object warnings that I need to disable and things like this.
Let me know if you see issues please 🙂